WIA Directors Andrew Smith VK6AS and Paul Simmonds VK5PAS have the support of the WIA Reform Group.
These two directors have made it clear publicly that the WIA needs to:
- improve communications and engagement with members and affiliated clubs;
- manage members’ funds with far greater professionalism and transparency – and fix the ongoing issue of financial losses;
- issue a budget and regular financial updates for members;
- ensure documented policies are in place and that all requests are handled consistently and fairly by the WIA (eg. Callsign requests, beacons, repeaters);
- greatly improve Governance;
- strengthen working groups (committees) to take a far greater role in the operation of the WIA;
- ensure the board has a healthy and constructive culture – this requires significant change; and
- encourage participation and growth in our hobby.
We hear from members every week, and it’s clear to us that Andrew and Paul are sticking to their election promises and attempting to achieve change at the WIA. We have no doubt that they are working exceptionally hard.
We do hope that, with their influence, the conflict, incompetence and arrogance which was the hallmark of the Board during the latter part of 2015 and into 2016 will change for the good of the membership and the hobby.
If you want to see positive change and you believe the above priorities are important, please show your support by doing these three things:
- Contact Andrew and Paul to let them know they have your support.
- Phone the President, Phil Wait on 0418 161 733 and send him an email email@example.com asking that he support Andrew and Paul.
- Visit our web site wiarg.org – and drop us an email asking to be put on our email list for weekly updates.
We will continue lobbying for change. We will continue to support Paul and Andrew.
We call for your backing to strengthen their position.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Every week we get emails of support and we’ll continue to call this Board to account as well as making positive, consultative contributions to the future of the hobby. However, there are still many people who are unaware of the WIA Reform Group.
Forward this email to your local club and friends. Take a copy when you meet local amateurs for a coffee. If they contact Feedback@wiarg.org we can send them a newsletter direct.
Please continue to contact the National Office and Board Members and ask for your questions to be answered. Ask them to publish a budget for 2016 and issue monthly P&L statements. It only takes the push of a button in the MYOB package by the Treasurer. No effort or cost at all. Then we can all be informed. Is WIA going to make another loss in 2016?
Email us if you have questions or concerns.
Stay up-to-date with news and progress; – visit www.wiarg.org .
We’ll continue to challenge this Board and demand better results. A strong WIA is critical to protect our hobby. We encourage every radio amateur in Australia to be a member.
Until next week,
G.C. Dunstan VK4DU, C. Chapman VK3QB, R. Dollar VK8RD
Ps. We don’t want to spam you. Send us an email if you’d prefer we remove you from our mailing list.